Sunday, November 11, 2007

Onna ni Sachi Are

I'm being an idiot and spent a lot of time trying to find the review I wrote for Onna ni Sachi Are (and talking on the phone with my friend Jimmy at the same time) After half an hour, I find the freaking post, and here it is.

Title: Onna ni Sachi Are
Artist: Morning Musume
Members: Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa, Kamei Eri, Michishige Sayumi, Tanaka Reina, Kusumi Koharu, Mitsui Aika, Li Chun, Qian Lin
Leader: Takahashi Ai
Sub-Leader: Niigaki Risa
Release Date: July 25, 2007
B-side: Please! Jiyuu no Tobira
Number Single: 34th
Warnings: From Livejournal exactly with an edit section at the bottom talking about what I think what the song is now.

So yes... I've finally made a review for this song... this song sounds... good... Vocally wise, it's a good song. You can clearly hear the voices of Li Chun (JunJun) and Qian Lin (LinLin)... there's some struggle for JunJun, but other than that, they're pretty good. However, the bad part to the song itself is it's Ai centric... meaning she has most of the lines... (probably because they gave her Miki's lines too). Eri does have a good line in there.... she did it pretty good too.. ^__^..

Have I mentioned I love Eri now? xDDD I should make an Eri icon... I also like Sayumi too.. ^^;;; Hm.. my boredom got me to be watching the Hello! Project 2007 Winter concert again... xDDD I skipped to the Hare Ame Nochi Suki and the Ai No Sono ~Touch My Heart~ part. It's soooooooo cool, it's the original singers.. ^__^ In the other version with the younger group (Gocoro) the kids can't hit those high notes as well as the original singers... at least it sounds better than the kids version with Tsuji and Yui and Erica... x___X (those three are the only good ones) Hm.. okay so yeah....

Back to Onna ni Sachi Are... HOWEVER... the PV itself is..... well... BAD... the dancing part was probably good, but you can't see it very well because of the yellow. Their outfits are yellow, similar to the outfits used in The * Peace. Just more feathers and uglier.. It also seems like they don't have shoes on... There's also not another outfit they wear... which means they're wearing this hidious yellow outfit for the WHOLE PV.. In the beginning of the PV, there's a close up shot of Reina's teeth... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?! x___X then through out the whole PV, they're saying "baka" over and over again...

I would give this Song a 8/10 for vocals and the PV a 4/10 averaging out to a 6/10...

*edit of review from Livejournal*
Notes: First song without Yoshizawa Hitomi and Fujimoto Miki and first song for Qian Lin and Li Chun. Takahashi Ai's first single as leader and Niigaki Risa's first single as Sub-Leader.
Song:

The song itself is a really good song. I still think there's too much Ai in it but I like how Aika gets at least one line in it (They're not shunning her much at least... I'm glad for that.) I don't like how they shunned Sayumi though, she's the only member without a solo line! But her vocalizations with others aren't that bad. Luckily in Mikan she gets a couple of solo lines. JunJun and LinLin get solo lines but it's practically the song title.. (Actually it is the song title... @_@) I also love Eri's solo line in there, that's after Ai's line (LoL, which Ai line? xDDD)

Promotional Video (PV):

I'm not much of a fan of the video but I have to admit it's getting to me. It gives it a sense of Disco-ish feeling but I wasn't alive during the 70s so I'm not really sure about how it really looks. xDDD The outfits are similar to the outfits from The * Peace... but it's not THAT bad... However I don't like how Koharu is the center (like how Rika was in Narihajimeta Koi no Bell, but I love Rika... Koharu however, is another story) Ai does look more like a leader in this video though. She gives a sense of maturity and a older look from Yoshizawa-leader/Iida-leader days. Obviously from Kaorin's leader days she looks young... she just joined the group! @_@ But from what I see from the Odore! Morning Curry concert she has grown a lot in a year. (Currently playing Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~) It might be her short hair. For some reason I think Risa can take on the leadership better than Ai can, but Ai can probably fair pretty well. Sayumi looks really good in the video. Koharu looks older. Aika still has the cutsey/baby face (but it doesn't seem like she's forcing a cute look, she's just naturally like that O_o), JunJun and LinLin's first song in Morning Musume, and it's not really that bad for them. Their exposure isn't much but enough to please the audience. Eri... I like her longer hair.
Song Rating: 8
Video Rating: 6
Average Rating: 7

-Air
<3

No comments: